Upcoming TV One Drama ‘Loved to Death’ Explores the Deadly Pursuit of Love

February 21, 2019 

By Brittany K. Jackson 

Contributing Writer 

Recently, TV One showcased the screening of their upcoming crime-drama “Loved to Death” starring actors Malinda Williams,... Read more...

Wesson Expands ‘Destination Crenshaw’ to Obama Blvd.; Proposal Will Nearly Double Scope of Project

February 21, 2019 

LAWT News Service 

Los Angeles City Council President Herb Wesson announced plans on Tuesday to expand the innovative Destination Crenshaw Project celebrating African American... Read more...

D.C. Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton Set to Introduce Bill to Require Federal Agencies to Advertise with Black Press

February 21, 2019 

By Stacy M. Brown 

NNPA Newswire Correspondent 

Legendary and longtime D.C. Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton is hoping to accomplish what may not have been possible... Read more...

A Slave’s African Medical Science Saves the Lives of Bostonians During the 1721 Smallpox Epidemic; The National Newspaper Publishers Association (NNPA) has launched a ­global news feature series on the history, contemporary realities and implications of t

February 21, 2019 

By Stacy M. Brown 

NNPA Newswire Correspondent 

“I didn't know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.” — Frederick Douglass

“I... Read more...

Man Charged With Capital Murder of 11-Year-Old Boy in 1990

February 21, 2019 

City News Service

A Pomona man is set to be arraigned April 4 on a capital murder charge for allegedly killing an 11-year-old boy who was kidnapped three decades ago while walking... Read more...

News

Most and Least Ethnically Diverse U.S. Cities Identified

Most and Least Ethnically Diverse U.S. Cities Identified

February 21, 2019  By Stacy M. Brown  NNPA Newswire National Correspondent    With immigration reform remaining one of the most prominent political...

Read More...

Community

Community Leaders Urge the L.A. Police Commission and City Officials to End Stop and Frisk Policy in South L.A.

February 07, 2019  LAWT News Service                                                                           On...

Read More...

Sports News

Lakers Kyle Kuzma Earns Rising Stars Challenge MVP

Lakers Kyle Kuzma Earns Rising Stars Challenge MVP

February 21, 2019  By Lauren A. Jones  Contributing Writer    Los Angeles Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma recorded a game high of 35-point performance...

Read More...

Arts & Culture

BET’s ‘BOOMERANG’ Cast Talks About Being Millennials and What Love Means to Them and Their Characters!

BET’s ‘BOOMERANG’ Cast Talks About Being Millennials and What Love Means to Them and Their Characters!

February 21, 2019  By Lapacazo Sandoval  Contributing Writer    Emmy-winner Lena Waithe who serves as BET’s Executive Producer on the new series...

Read More...